Behold! The holiday season has dawned on us! It is the time to have fun, make merry, eat good and look fabulous. But if you are still working 9 to 5 right before the holidays or if you have children to take care of and no time to take care of yourself then here is an online shopping guide for women. In today’s times, juggling between work and home can be exhausting, more often than not the idea of, shopping can be insufferable. So for all of those ladies who are looking forward to enjoying the holiday season while looking your best, but just cannot waste time on shopping and salon services, here are some major tips to make your life easier, and yes you thank us later!
Online Shopping guide for women
• Decide what to wear: We know that you have no time to hop from H&M to Zara, to Marks&Spencers perusing the stores to buy yourself the perfect dress, but what we do know is that all these exclusive stores have online counterparts as well. So first things first, decide what you want to wear, do you want it to be casual, sassy, bohemian, classic, office party appropriate, comfortable, just decide for yourself and that will help you in filtering down your choices. Also, while shopping for fashion items, make sure that they will work for the party, you will be attending, so if you will be dancing the night away, then make sure to get hold of flats or ballerinas, if you will be attending an office party, then do get hold of a smart blazer or a well fitted pair of trousers, if you have a family party to attend then buy something slightly conservative, so pick and choose according to the occasion.
• Always read the description: When you are buying stuff online, never forget to read the description. You don’t want the sling bag you are ordering tuning out to be a wallet! Read about the material, the cut, the size, the fit, look at as many pictures as needed, zoom in to see the detailing, check if it will fit in with your taste, will it match multiple garments, what kind of occasions can you carry it in, think about all of this before buying a piece online, because, returning something will become an added hassle.
• Next up, look for discounts: There are sales galore during the holidays. It is nothing more therapeutic in buying products at marked down prices! Always be on the hunt for good discounts. Almost all websites offer decent discounts, during the holidays to increase sales, so learn to filter your choices, compare the same product on the various websites to see who is offering the best price and then take your pick. Be a smart shopper and don’t just throw your money all around the place, instead, think of what all do you need, and become an online bargain hunter.
• Buying presents: if you are being secret Santa to someone, or if you have truckloads of people anticipating presents from your end during the holidays, then online is where you should head to. If you do not have time to shop for yourself, chances are you do not have time to shop for others as well. In such a case scenario, be sure to to buy presents online. You can turn to websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Nykaa and many others to get your hands on some really cool stuff to give as presents. The quick delivery of all these sites will give you enough time to wrap them up and make them look holiday appropriate and all dolled up.
• Always try at the earliest: We understand that you do not have time for shopping, but chances are you will have to make time to try stuff out first hand, just to check that the products you received fit you well, are in good condition, as the same as you expected, etc. If you are unable to check in time, then you may not be able to return it, in case something goes wrong. And do not forget to keep the tag intact while trying things out, so that the return, if required can be hassle-free.
• Some websites to keep an eye on: We realize that each of us is different when it comes to our preferences, so we wanted to list out some popular websites for different categories, so that your overall experience of shopping online becomes easier. For fashion you can download apps of various popular stores such as Zara, H&M, Marks&Spencers, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle etc, or you could head to Myntra, Jabong, Koovs, Limeroad and Ajio. For all your beauty and makeup needs, you could head to Nykaa or Purpple. To shop for holiday presents, both Flipkart and Amazon can prove to be amazing. If you wish to spend on jewelry for yourself or buy a present for someone close to you, you could try Cratlane or Bluestone.
• A few extra pointers: If you do not have the time to spend an entire day at the salon getting groomed, then call the salon home with Urbanclap. This way you can look your best during the festivities. If you are hosting a party or ceremony, and don’t have time to go to grocery store, then download the Grofers or Bigbasket app and shop for everything you need for the party. On the other hand, if you plan to just chill, binge-watch TV or to spend quality time with family while eating good food, then use Zomato, Swiggy or FoodPanda to feast during the festivities without wasting your precious time in the kitchen.
So those were some tips to make your holidays better! Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Latest posts by Tunjeena Ahmed (see all)
- Flipkart 2018 Mobile Bonanza Sale : Best Deals & Offers on Mobiles Phone - 3 January 2018
- Best DSLR for beginners in India 2018 - 2 January 2018
- BestMobiles Phone to look Forward to in 2018 - 28 December 2017